Sunday, December 26, 2010

Clear Answers

Don't you love when you have a question regarding about something - anything - and get a clear answer?

A few weeks ago I contacted a singer about singing one of my songs. My hopes were that her heart strings would get the best of her and out of sheer curiosity she would want to see it. It's a good song! Then I hoped she would say, "Do you have any others?" And then she would just become the go-to singer of my songs. She is already established and I LOVE her voice. So to me it seemed like the easiest answer.

I didn't hear anything from her after I first contacted her. Then I won the composers guild competition and had a new sense of encouragement. I determined that I would contact her again. I would tell her that I had won and would she PLEASE just look at this song. Surely, she would at least look at it.

So I went to open her website to contact her and and it was....gone! Gonzo! Her website is no more! Here she is, a very popular singer with a career that is just starting to branch out and all of a sudden she doesn't have a website.

Therein lies my answer. For whatever reason, that is not the route my songs are supposed to go. And I thought I had it all figured out. Back to square one.

1 comment:

  1. Bummer! I was just thinking about that this morning, too! Well, onward and upward!

    ReplyDelete